slideshow 1 slideshow 2 slideshow 3

Usain Bolt Feels Neymar’s Absence Could Hamper Brazil’s World Cup Hopes

Olympic Athlete legend Usain Bolt believes Brazil are likely to struggle at this summer’s World Cup unless they can get Neymar back onto the pitch. The 31-year-old was offered an elusive chance to training on the pitch with Borussia Dortmund this week, and shortly after his session he discussed his favourites for the global tournament in Russia.

Speaking with Goal.com, Bolt highlighted that he won’t miss the opportunity of watching a few games in Russia. He added that he is a huge fan of Argentina, whom he would like to lift the World Cup, though Germany and Brazil could provide competition. Brazil were ousted at the semi-final stage of the tournament four years ago, and Bolt feels their chances lie on Neymar’s return to full fitness.

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder hopeful of representing Brazil at World Cup

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred is hoping to put in consistent performances through the remainder of the campaignin order to make the cut for the Brazilian World Cup squad. The 24-year-old had initially been overseen by his nation due to a failed doping test in 2015, but he is pleased to have made a comeback after a lengthy ban.


In a report covered by Goal.com, the central midfielder is delighted with his return under Tite in November 2017, and he is now hoping to maintain his showing in order to represent Brazil in Russia, he said:"I was delighted to be called back into the Brazil squad. I think it was one of the most exciting moments of my life, just because of everything I had been through and it feeling like a, had been given a second chance.It was a sign that I was back and had recovered my form on the pitch. It was pleasing to see that being recognised by Tite and his staff. To be able to come back for the final qualifiers was really great. The World Cup squad is not yet final and I will do everything in my power to make it to Russia.”

Liverpool plan to commit Roberto Firmino to long-term deal

Liverpool are reportedly prepared to commit Roberto Firmino to a life-time contract as they are convinced that he is the right player to lead the Reds attack for the long-term. The 26-year-old has established himself as the first-choice striker at Anfield ahead of both Dominic Solanke and Daniel Sturridge, and his link-up play with the likes of Mohamed Salah has been crucial to the club's progress this term.

According to The Telegraph, Reds boss Jurgen Klopp is keen to keep the vital cog of his side, and this includes the likes of Sadio Mane and Salah in addition to Firmino. The Merseyside outfit recently lost the services of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona in British-record sale, and it now appears that they are determined to avoid a similar repeat with Klopp aiming to end their three-decade wait for the Premier League crown.

Kaka backs Neymar to win Ballon d'Or after Ronaldo and Messi

Brazilian superstar Kaka has picked up a potential candidate who could end Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi's dominance in the Ballon d'Or. The pair have shared the accolade over the past nine years, with the former favourite to claim his fifth Ballon d'Or in December.

Kaka, who was the last player to be crowned with the prestigious award prior to the Ronaldo and Messi dominance, feels Neymar has the potential to break the duo's reign in the future, he told AS: "It's incredible to win an individual award in a team sport, and also one where everybody wants to be able to say: 'I'm the best.

Kaka bids tearful farewell to Orlando City

Brazil international Kaka was in tears after he played his final game for MLS side Orlando City on Sunday. The 35-year-old confirmed last week that he would not renew his contract beyond December, and he was caught up in the emotion following his side's 1-0 defeat to Columbus at the Orlando City Stadium.

Speaking after the game, he said: "It was hard to play sometimes. When I was on the field, a lot of things were on my mind and it was difficult to focus on the game. It was a really, really special game, and I wanted to finish with a win. Most of that was just to say thank you because a lot happened during these three seasons. One day, I don't know when but soon, I will retire, but I will still have these guys as friends in the future."

Kaka reveals why he turned down Manchester City move

Brazilian superstar Kaka has revealed that he turned down the opportunity to join Manchester City back in January 2009.


The midfielder was on the verge of sealing a world-record £100m to the Premier League, back then, but he was unsure how he would settle in England.

Kaka was at the height of his powers in early 2009, but he was reluctant to join a team which was still in progress following the takeover from Sheikh Mansour a year earlier. Speaking to FourFourTwo, the Brazilian admitted that talks over a transfer were at an advanced phase, and the only thing which separated him from joining the City was his final word.

Kaka hopes to remain at Orlando City next season

Kaka has revealed his desire to remain at Orlando City next season.


The 35-year-old's current deal is up at the end of the season, and the Lions are yet to decide whether to extend his contract. The Brazilian, who is currently the highest-paid player in Major League Soccer, has struggled with regular injuries during the current campaign, and this has seen him miss seven games for the MLS club.

KAKA WANTS ORLANDO CITY STAY

The former Real Madrid and AC Milan player, Kaka delivered a message early this month August that "he has given all year" when he was asked about his future beyond this season and if he is going to sign a new contract with the American side.

“Yea, that’s the number one idea,” Kaka, uttered in Spanish to a horde of media after a training session. “The principal thing is to continue here, play on for Orlando, and I will continue thinking this year about what we can do to achieve more.”

KAKA BACKS NEYMAR TO MAKE RIGHT CAREER MOVE

Brazilian football star Kaka is backing his compatriot Neymar to make the best career move amid reports that French side Paris St Germain want to lure the player from the Nou Camp.


The former Brazil international admits that Neymar faces a tough task in deciding his next move when he exits Barcelona.

The Ligue 1 side are keen on meeting the outrageous €222 million release clause Neymar has on his deal. Head coach Unai Emery, who joined from former Europa League champions Sevilla, identified the player as one that could help him deliver his Champions League target.

What does the future hold for Ricardo Kaka?

Ricardo Kaka has a contract with the MLS side Orlando City which extends until December of 2017 which is only a few months away. The question that is beginning to emerge is surrounding the future of the Brazilian player as to which club will he join when that time arrives.


Ever since Kaka joined Orlando City back on 2014, the Brazilian player has been a regular starter. Despite being 35 years old, he is one of the more influential performers in the MLS outfit.

Pages